Posted May 23, 2011on:
(Please pardon the ads that are showing up in my post, they’ve never done this before and I am not pleased. Bear with me while I try to figure out how to get rid of them.)
About six months ago I entertained the idea of changing the name of my blog, what I write about and what it looks like. But I quickly realized that’s so much easier than one might think, and I promptly dismissed the idea because I wasn’t up for the challenge.
But now I feel strong enough and excited enough to attempt that challenge, and to start I thought I would ask those who read my blog what their thoughts are on how to proceed. Below are a few questions I have about making this change that I don’t have answers for.
- What facet of my life do I want the name based on?
- Do I just make up a phrase that makes me laugh?
- Do I spend quality time thinking about and examining what is important to me and come up with a new name that way?
- What kind of design do I want it to have? Do I base it on color, people, places, things?
- What should I write about? Just keep it random as I have and not focus on one particular kind of topic (i.e. knitting)?
What suggestions do you have, those who’ve read this for so long (and newcomers) for coming up with a new name? I welcome any and all suggestions – let’s brainstorm, shall we?